Working with influencers has many advantages, whether you’re a small or a large business. Regardless, it’s not as simple as choosing any influencer and promoting your brand. All campaigns must be well thought out and strategic. To help you to improve your marketing strategies, check out these four influencer marketing trends to watch in 2021.
1 . Nano influencers gain popularity
Over the course of 2021 Nano influencers will continue to gain popularity. According to research by Mention, ‘the engagement rate of nano-influencers is twice as high as that of other groups of influencers.’ Besides this, brands can gain many of advantages by working with nano influencers:
- Strong audience connection: Nano influencers often have a close connection with their followers. The connection is often both engaging and intimate. By working with nano influencers, businesses can leverage that close connection, to drive engagement and loyalty to their brand.
- Generate more trust: Research has indicated that audiences tend to trust nano influencers more when compared to micro-influencers and celebs. Again, brands can use this to their advantage.
- Consumers want more authenticity
Over the last year or so we’ve learned that consumers like authentic content, in 2021 we can expect this concept to become even more prevalent. With authenticity in mind influencers need to carefully consider the type of content they produce for brands.
Brands need to ensure that they choose the right influencers to work with, to make sure that their marketing is authentically received. Depending on the image, the story, and the products, ‘authenticity’ will mean different things to different brands. Brands looking for influencer models might consider working with influencers such as Melissa Riso through the Unruly Agency.
- Continued social activism
Consumers like brands to have a strong understanding of ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’. Whether it’s speaking out about the environment, politics or social issues, brands need to demonstrate that they care about social problems within the community. In 2021 we’ll see businesses continue to improve CSR strategies, to appeal to their audiences and shape their branding. Businesses need to ensure that they work with a diverse range of influencers, to push against inequality in the influencer marketing industry.
- More employee created content
In 2021 we can expect to see more employee created content. As well as working with traditional influencers, brands should seek to put their employees in an ‘influencer type’ role. When you allow your employees to create your social media content, and promote your brand, you’ll gain benefits such as:
- Increased credibility: empowering your employees to create brand content can help to boost your credibility. You’ll ensure that your brand is perceived as more authentic.
- Motivate staff: Allowing your staff to get creative and give your brand a voice can help to motivate staff and improve your company culture.
Influencer marketing is one of the best ways to use social media for your business. With a well planned strategy, you’ll drive engagement and boost conversions.