Writing a book can be an exciting experience, and seeing your name on the best sellers list can be even better. What happens if those sales don’t materialise and you are left high and dry with your dreams on hold?
Have no fear. There are plenty of avenues to pursue; you could employ the assistance of a book marketing service who will do all of the heavy liftings for a modest fee, or you could try to yourself for free.
How Do Book Marketing Services Help?
A book marketing services for authors helps to ensure that your book gets put in front of bookstores and book buyers. They promote your book to a broader audience and help you to generate book royalties.
You can also invest in a book marketer or a PR company; it is up to you which approach you think will work best for you and depends on how much you may want to invest financially.
The services they provide are wide and varied, ranging from book signings, book promotions, competitions, and distribution.
Taking the Self Publishing Route
When taking the self-publishing route, there is a lot of information to digest. It may be useful to talk to other published or self-published authors through networking groups on social media. Alternatively, you could contact ALLi (Alliance of Independent Authors), who can help walk you through all the pros and cons of self-publishing and how to market and promote your book.
The benefits of self-promoting are that you get to choose to a degree who will sell your books, you may have to do some research to find who suits your aspirations the best. In addition to this pathway, you may also wish to enlist the services of Ingram Sparks or Amazon, who both offer book distribution services.
Do It Yourself Book Marketing
You could follow these steps to get your book out into the world and well-promoted:
- Set up a blog or a web page, add links to your book and little tasters.
- Offer giveaways on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- You could set up a click funnel OR an email service like MailChimp to get the word out about your book.
- You could join All as an affiliate member.
- Get people to review your book.
- Write an imaginative book blub and post it wherever you can.
- Invest in a professional cover designer.
- Utilize the services of the Goodreads Program or Amazons book promotional tools and programs like KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing).
- Get your book out with some self-promotional work too.
Whichever route you decide to take, don’t rush the process. Enjoy the experience and gather as much knowledge as you can, ready for the next time you start the process all over again with a new book.
The author’s journey is long, but you’ll find magic around every corner. Keep on the path and follow the bread crumbs to success, and accelerate your book marketing by choosing the right strategy and approach for you.