There are a large number of Inbound Marketing tools available to marketers and bloggers. Do you know which one to use or when you should use them? I’ll be discuss some of the best and most useful tools to use when developing your Inbound Marketing strategy and when you should be using them.
In order to have a good strategy you must develop good strategies in content marketing, social media, SEO, email marketing, etc., and for that you need to have great tools to use in your day to day web marketing.
To help you in this decision, I will list those Inbound Marketing tools that I use which will help you master this marketing strategy.
Before starting my list of Inbound Marketing tools, I would leave you a simple definition of what Inbound Marketing is:
What is Inbound Marketing
Inbound marketing refers to marketing that bring visitors to your site through search, blog, social networking, email marketing, etc, rather than marketers having to go out to get a clients attention. Inbound marketing earns the attention of customers, makes the website easy to find, and draws customers to the website by producing interesting content.
Advantages of Inbound Marketing
The main objective of Inbound Marketing is to get quality visitors and customer.
Some advantages of this strategy are:
- Helps you better understand your customer
- It allows you to deliver exactly what your customer needs
- It is not intrusive
- Build quality relationships with customers
- Improve engagement
- Increases sales
- Improve customer loyalty>
- Customer generates more confidence with your site
- Improve conversion rate
- Enhance the brand image of the company
- Helps you better understand the buying process
Taking into account the channels (content marketing, blog, website, social media, SEO, email marketing, etc.) and the four phases (attraction, conversion, closure and loyalty) Here is a list of useful Inbound Marketing tools for each phase of your marketing plan.
Phase 1 Attraction
Your first step is to take to raise awareness for your brand and generate quality traffic. Your goal here is to alert your target audience.
In order to attract quality visitors you can use different methods such as:
– Optimized Website: It is very important that you optimize your website to make it attractive and easy to interact with your target audience. You must also have on your website useful and interesting content to attract the desired views.
– Blog: The best way to attract quality visitors to your website is a blog. To do this you need to share quality content that is useful for your audience.
– Social Networking: After analyzing and knowing who your target audience is, you have to know what social networks they hang out at and what kind of content they are interested in. Once you know this, you can share unique, relevant and valuable content to your community and start to generate quality traffic.
– Keywords and SEO: A key strategy because customers today begin the process of finding information about a product or service through the search engines. It is therefore very important to be well positioned in Google (SEO) with keywords that define your content, products or services.
– Newsletter: Another very important channel at this stage, because it allows users who are interested in your content to be kept informed of the latest developments without having to access your website. When used correctly this will generate loyalty and web traffic naturally.
To facilitate these tasks you can use several tools listed below:
SEMRUSH is a powerful and indispensable tool that will allow you to find the best keyword for your strategy. It provides important information for good SEO and SEM strategies.
- Helps you find relevant keywords
- Analyze your competitions organic traffic
- See the degree of competition for a keyword
- See the top ranked URLs for a keyword
- Find longtail keywords with high potential
- Find interesting niche markets
- Choose up to 5 competitors track their positions and compare them with yours.
Another good tool for analyzing your competition and to know what content was shared the most on social networks. Buzzsumo is a search engine that analyzes one or more keywords and tells you what content was shared and on what social networks.
- Analyze competition in a fast and simple way
- Sort the results according to the social network that most interests you
- Find people who share the content
- Identify sites that may make your content go viral
- Helps you recognize what social network will work best for your content
AHREFS is one of the most comprehensive analysis of inbound links to your website. It provides fast, accurate and consistent daily updated data.
- Helps you figure out what links are pointing to your website
- Very useful for analyzing on-page SEO
- Helps you analyze meta tags,H1 and>H2 tags on your website
- detects possible negative SEO attack
- Performs a live search for those terms that you want to know on social networks
- It gives you information about domain authority, page authority etc.
Moz offers keyword research tools and a SEO keyword generator; it also offers link analysis that provides detailed information on your inbound links and link quality.
Google Keyword Planner is essential for the study of keywords and can be used for choosing your niche. It is very simple to use, and it is highly recommended by me.
- Helps you choose the best keywords for your SEO and SEM campaigns
- Helps you get ideas for more targeted keywords.
- Determines the most profitable keywords
- Helps you Reduce the list of keywords to the most relevant ones.
Another tool for analyzing keywords is:
6) Keyword Tool
It is a good alternative to Google keyword planner.
It is a simple and useful tool that can help you find ideas and titles for your content. You just need to write the topic or keyword you want to create content for and the application will suggest titles for content.
Another good tool to generate content is:
Hubspot topic generator helps you get ideas for content. Just type the topic or keyword and it will give you different themes you can write about.
One of the best tools available for internal analization of your blog or you competitions blog.
you can learn
- Which one of your articles have been the most successful
- The most popular posts from your competitor
- What is your most sought after blog content.
Aweber is a platform that allows you to create a email list. With Aweber you can:
- Create and manage your subscriber lists
- Send emails to your subscriber list
- Segment the user database of your newsletter
- Personalize your emails with templates
- Monitor emails sent and view analytics
- Improve interaction with your subscribers.
Phase 2 Conversion
Now that you’ve managed to attract quality traffic to your site, you need to convert that traffic into “leads”. To do this, you have to get users to provide their personal data, valuable information to create a quality database you can use in the future.
In order to get that information you need to give back something useful and most of the time it comes in the form of content: eBooks, infographics, presentations, trainings, webinars, templates, white papers, etc. In this case, the techniques used to achieve this are:
– Contact forms: In order for visitors to become leads you will have to have them fill out a contact form where they provide their information (e-mail, name, website, etc.).
– Call to action: It’s very important that the call to action buttons are attractive and encourage users to act. Examples might be: “Get your free ebook “or “Attend the free online course” etc.
– Landing Page: When a visitor clicks a call to action, they should be automatically directed to a landing page. This is where the user fills out the contact form with their personal information. It is important that the landing page is simple and easy to use.
To help you with the conversion phase I listed some key tools:
Leadpages is a great tool for creating and publishing landing page quickly and with no programming skills. Through a single dashboard you can change elements, buttons, titles or pictures of your landing page.
- It integrates with other tools such as Google Analytics and Aweber
- It offers a variety of customizable templates
- You can split test
- It has optimized templates
Instapage is another good option for creating a landing page in a very fast manner. You don’t have to know anything about programming or html.
- Allows A / B testing
- It is easy customize
- Integrates with aweber and Google Analytics
- has more than 70 templates
- It has a drag and drop system that makes it easy to add new elements to the page
SumoMe is one of my favorites tools right now, and I think that it’s one of the most powerful tools for Inbound Marketing. It’s a great tool to get thousands of subscribers without any cost.
- free set of tools
- Easy setup
- Creates a simple and effective pop-up
- Creates both attractive and effective action buttons
- You can analyze the statistics and know your conversion rates instantly
- Allows you to create abanners to enhance your call to action
This is a very good and simple platform for webinars, GoToWebinar lets you create your own web seminars for large and small audiences. Its simple interface allows you to manage all aspects of your webinar.
- Lets you Perform webinars (video) in HD
- Lets you save recordings
- Allows surveys and reports
- automated tracking
- Possible to share screens
Canva is one of my favorite tools for creating attractive phots and banners in a simple and easy way. This platform will help you create beautiful content (graphics, infographics, presentations, ebooks, covers for your articles, brochures, banners, etc) for your visitors.
- It is an image bank, has many free images and typefaces
- You can use pre-configured free templates
- Simple and easy use menu for the creation of graphics.
Pictochart is another on of my favorite graphics tool, it is very easy and quick to use and helps you create infographics. You do not have to know anything about design to create good and attractive content for your website on Picktochart.
Phase 3 closure
We are half way done, since we have managed to attract users to our website and turn them into “leads”. Now we have to turn contacts into customers and consumers, so we can close the sale. To do this I have listed some effective techniques:
– Email Marketing: Very necessary when a user clicks on your call to action and has downloaded your content, but still does not know if they are ready to become a customer. You can use Email Marketing technique to send a series of emails with relevant content that will turn that “lead” into a real customer.
– CRM: Customer Relationship Management, is a technique used to collect the largest possible amount of information about users. Create content to increase their satisfaction and thereby generate trust and a long term relationship.
– Marketing Automation: To create and share personalized mails to each “lead”, adapting to the needs and the life cycle of each email address. There are two essential techniques for working with information related to the leads: the lead scoring and lead nurturing.
In the scoring lead, you must identify those “leads” really interested in your products or services and with which you can close a sale. In the lead nurturing, you must detect, classify, develop and mature the user to be more receptive when purchasing an item or a service. Here are some tools that can help you close these leads:
17) HubSpot CRM
It is a CRM, with a number of features designed to allow you to manage your customer through in a simple and effective way. It is very easy to learn, use and to centralize all actions of the sale.
- It allows you to view all the “leads” your website has made
- Displays business opportunities
- Review the interactions made with a “lead”
- Phone has a built-in tool that lets you make calls that can be recorded
Salesforce is one of the leaders in the CRM market . It is a very powerful tool for managing sales opportunities and to increase productivity based on company objectives.
- Create forms quickly and easily
- optimized for mobile devices
- provides real-time reporting
- Identity management
- allows you to design, automate and manage processes such as discounts, budgets, etc
Another widely used CRM is:
Insightly is a free CRM with many useful features, allowing you to keep track of your customers and prospects.
Sidekick is a free tool from HubSpot, that lets you know who and when someone opens your emails. It also provides information on when someone clicks on the various links in your emails.
This is one of the most powerful email marketing tools used. It is another platform that lets you know when someone opens or clicks on your emails sent, apart from other functions listed above.
Phase 4 Loyalty
Loyalty is the last phase of this marketing strategy, but one of the most important. Once you’ve got a sale, it is very important to keep the customer satisfied and in love with the product. To do this, you must provide information that gives them value.
Do not forget that the Inbound Marketing does not end when a customer makes a purchase, but it’s a cycle that never ends, and where you have to reinvent yourself constantly to get to know what your audience love . If you forget who your consumer is after a purchase, they will quickly forget you.
To keep you customers happy you can use channels such as:
– Social networks: Social networks allow us to share information and content instantly and also interact with out customers in real time. Therefore, you should focus much of your efforts to address their needs and requests, in order to keep them always happy.
– Content Marketing: It’s a very good strategy to create and offer your customers and followers contents that is of high value. You have to be able to create different content without losing the essence of your brand.
Some Inbound Marketing tools that can help you in phase 4 are:
Hootsuite is a very powerful tool for managing different social networks from one place. With its advanced control panel you can manage your profiles, have better interaction with your follower, e and control the presence of your company on social networks.
- Schedule updates, to publish on the date and time that you decide on the social networks of your choice
- Control up to 5 profiles (in free version) from various social networks (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or YouTube)
- Insert links and shorten the URL of the posts
- Create lists of influential people you want to follow
- Monitor brand mentions and follow conversations
Uservoice is a very good tool to find out what your customers wants. This tool allows your customer to give you their opinion. Once you know their needs you will be able to improve your services.
Feedly is a very simple and easy to use tool that lets you keep up with the thousands of blog posts on one site. You should be using feedly to follow sites you are interested in and also to get ideas for creating your own content.
Engagor is a platform that has very good web analytics, allowing you to analyze your brand on social networks. It also offers the ability to connect with your customers in real time, as well as identify opportunities for improvement in your daily interaction with customers. Another great feature is that it provides statistics on your competition.
To finish of this blog post I have added 3 Inbound Marketing tools that I feel are very important. They are powerful tools that have perform multiple functions within this strategy but can be very expensive.
Hubspot is one of the most comprehensive tools you can use when doing Inbound Marketing. You can use Hubspot to attract customers, convert lead, manage leads, and manage customer sales.
Marketo is a very good tool for managing various processes, such as controlling automation tasks, mailing, managing social networks, sales, etc. It has a fairly high price though.
27) Oracle Eloqua
Oracle Eloqua is a tool that allows companies to segment their audience automatically and more efficiently through the analysis of their behavior on the website, it also allows you to respond to e-mails and interact with your social networks.
These are just some of the Inbound Marketing that I use, there are many others that I did not name that are as good or better than these. . You have to decide for yourself which ones best fit your needs.
Have you used any of these tools? What other tools do you use that are not on the list? Please write them in the comments!
If you liked this article, you are invited to share and thank you very much for your time